Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Help me choose the next gown :

Ok, everyone, I need a new project.  Honestly, if I don't have a project I feel a little lost.  Even if I had a project that I sat on for a few months (*cough* Green Gown *cough*), I at least still had a project to work on from time to time.  I am currently without.  OK, not completely without, I still have to finish the butterfly train on the Natural Form Gown for the cruise, but that's not a lot of work.
So, let's look at some options:
 This emerald gown could be interesting- not too much expensive trim, but it has a neat melding of greens.  And I don't really have a deep green Victorian gown.  I have the Sapphire and Snow antebellum gown, the Ruby Gown, and the new Pale Green Natural Form gown.
The Blue and White gown here caught my eye because it has some interesting trim work.
 This is an extant gown from the 1860s that I've had my eye on for a while.  If I can find the right fabric and lace, this gown could be absolutely stunning!!!
 This is another I've had in my archives for a while.  This one is more the 1880s massive bustle style that is always interesting.  It could be done either in deep blue or green, or for any color for that matter.
This is a pretty sweet natural form gown, but the lace may be SUPER expensive.  That is A LOT of fabric.

So what do you think?  Any gowns strike anyone as "Must Have"!?  I'll take a poll and see what you all think....

10/2/12 7pm MDT NOTE: I am adding 2 additional gowns, both blue (I seem to have a thing for that color).  Both are day dresses, not ball gowns.
 1870s Blue Paisley Gown
1870s Blue Plaid Gown


No comments:

Post a Comment