Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Just a quick note: Gowns In Action

I must admit that as I typed the title for this post, I had the Muppets "Pigs In Space" theme going through my head!  Ah, the silliness that is brought on by cold medicine :)
Here's a photo taken at the R.M.S Titanic Dinner:
The Bottle Green Gown came out wonderfully, much better than I had ever anticipated.  I have an hourglass waist, so I wasn't sure how a high wasted gown would work with my figure.  Answer: it worked just fine.  I even find myself excited to wear it again, the sign of a successful project.

Here's an oldie but goodie, a bustle day dress that I created for the Durango Heritage Train last year.  It uses the Truly Victorian TV101 bustle, so a very 1880s look.  At one point, as I was strolling around Durango with some friends of mine, a 'gentleman' drove by in a car and yelled "Nice A*s".  Very classy!!!

I unfortunately didn't get any shots of the maiden voyage of my new Pale Green Natural Form Gown for the cruise, but my husband was sick with a head cold so my attention was elsewhere.  That said, the gown was a success!  Short of losing one of the flowers that was safety pinned on the side of the gown, everything went nicely.  It is a little long for flats, which is what I wore, so I will have to pick up a pair of flesh tone or white dance shoes with a bit of a heel so that I don't have to worry about stepping on the hem.  All in all, though, it was very nice and I got TONS of compliments.

No comments:

Post a Comment